Monday, December 08, 2008

Twinkle, Twinkle Little House

We finally got to decorating the outside of the house this weekend. I changed this a bit from what we normally do and still have some more things I'd like to add but I am liking it more this year than years past. Before we get to that though I want to explain the improvements to the "train yard". Basically I painted the sheet of ply-wood that the train is on and added some snowmen... just wait 'till next year though I am hoping to have a couple houses and maybe a pond with ice skaters.

For the most part Leland has been good about not touching the trains or tree, he does need reminding now and then... like in this picture.



Oh, Mommy pleeeeaaaase can I touch it?



Usually we would have those trendy, annoying ice-sickle lights around the top of the porch but I decided to go with the more classic multi-color big bulbs instead. The garland with lights around the railing are the same but I changed the bush lights from multi-color to white this year.


I want to get some candles for all the windows and a small tree for the "play room" window ( second story, window to the far right)









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh your house looks so pretty with all the lights outside!! We didn't even put any up this year. : (

And I love the train around the base of the tree... great idea to paint the "snow!'

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your nice comment. Hope you find that quilted tree!

Jenni said...

So very pretty! I love the picture of little one allllmost touching the forbidden fruit...LOL...

We've never decorated outside. It just isn't something I seem to be able to find the energy for, but I sure do love looking at other people's efforts!

Jenni/One Thing