Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Good News, Bad News and Everything in Between

I really don't know how to start this post, part of me is very happy and excited another part of me is sad, overwhelmed, nervous etc. Most of you know Dave has been having some.... " issues" at work. So with many prayers and discussions we have decided that we need to move back to California. One reason as I just stated is Dave's work, its too much to type so I'll just say that things are harder than ever... hes not happy there and his pay is too little. Reason number 2 we prayed about moving back and God answered with "YES THIS IS A GOOD IDEA". Say that in your most godly voice ha ha :). The last reason is all about friends and family, as hard as we have tried Georgia just doesn't feel like home. We love the family and friends we have in this area but I have struggled without having my Mom close by, and I know she has a hard time too with us living so far apart.
The plan so far is: well first we have a lot of work to do to put the house on the market, painting, sorting, fixing, and yard selling. Hopefully we can get the sorting and yard selling stuff done before our vacation. Next would be the painting and fixing then we could feel good about putting the house on the market. Ideally this too will be done before our vacation. So I've got to get busy.

2 comments:

Nessie said...

The story of my life...this is the cause for my "break down"...whatever it was/is...it seems to be passing. Anyway, take it slow and please don't get too overwhelmed...deligate and get baby-sitters, etc... I will be praying for you! Also, where are you moving in Cali...southern, I hope. Since Aaron and I are moving to Yuma, we are only 3 hrs from Oceanside...is that near where you used to live? I'm sure Aaron would love to see you again, and I would love to meet you all in person.
God bless you and your decision to go home!

Jenni said...

Carrie,

Just wanted to pop over and thank you for your kind words over at "my place"! I'm always tickled to meet new people, and your comment was too sweet.

It sounds like you will have some excitement in your near future...may your moving preparations be as smooth as possible!

Jenni