Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

It was just us this year, we had had a mini Thanksgiving with Grandma Mary , Jennie, Sheldon, and our newest little cutie Abigail a couple weeks ago. All day Caleb was asking me about the turkey which he mistook for a chicken a couple times, then for about an hour was asking if lunch was ready.


The turkey; I kept it pretty basic and just seasoned it with salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and olive oil. We all liked it and the gravy I made with the drippings was SO good.




Sweet potato casserole, corn bread, and
stuffing getting warmed up for dinner.


A pose before dinner.


The boys.




Ready to eat, Leland was not happy about taking
a picture when there was food waiting to be eaten.





I made my own cranberry sauce this year with just a little orange juice and sugar simmered with the cranberries. Then gravy was REALLY good. Green beans were from the garden that we had frozen. Then stuffing was slightly different from what I would normally make since Dave refuses to eat pork I had to substitute the sausage with chicken sausage but it was still my favorite part of the meal.



Leland LOVED the cranberries and sweet
potatoes as well as the stuffing.



Getting stuffed!









No comments: